Regardless of what type of house you reside in, whether or not it be a condo in the city, an apartment on the edge of town or you just just want to decorate the smaller rooms inside of your property; interior design can be a challenge in this type of environment due to the fact of the limited space and alternatives. Nevertheless, you can still maintain a sense of style with out requiring a large region of space, because essentially it is only 1 room that you are decorating; correct? If you maintain issues simple and organized, home decor selection for little rooms can be simple!
If you take the appropriate design approach, you can simplify the decorating method and make it so that the room seems larger than it actually is, once the procedure is all said and completed. Focusing on organization and storage will help you produce an atmosphere that is not only functional and elemental, but also quite structured or random depending on which way you wanted to take it. In some cases, randomness in room construction can make for an interested design process.
Take into consideration the following actions when preparing your plan for the room:
1. Focus on the desired functionality of the room. Use this as the foundation for which you will create upon with furniture, artwork, accessories, etc.
2. Select furniture and decorative items by size and position, to guarantee that the room is not cluttered and remains organized.
3. Come across furnishings that serve numerous purposes, which will aid improve your storage capacity (such as end tables with drawers, sleeper sofas, etc.) and enhance the functionality of the room as a whole.
4. Place accent pieces in areas that highlight your room’s color theme, such as corners and around windows. Steer clear of placing items directly in front of the wall, but rather accent the outside portion of the room, making it seem bigger.
5. A modest room should have plenty of lighting due to the fact this actually helps to visually open up space. If it is achievable, take into account a built-in lighting structure such as track or recessed elements. If this is not a possibility or is overbudget, use tiny accent lamps to light up the corners.
Coordinate your palette and the room will come together by itself. Keep in mind the above mentioned techniques and just have enjoyable with it!
Mary Elizabeth Beal is not just the founder of Trend Funnel, she is also an experienced Interior Design Consultant. Mary graduated with a bachelors degree in Interior Design from the FIDER accredited School of Architecture at the University of Florida. She has 8 years of design, decorating, and visual merchandising expertise in both residential and commercial retail design.
So go ahead… ask her a question! Or, if you see guidance provided below and feel you can do far better- go appropriate ahead! We are specific that the person who asked will appreciate your guidance as well. After all… design, like art, is in the eye of the beholder!
Use the revolutionary 3-Step Trend Funnel® Approach to shop for distinctive property decor items, furniture, artwork, accessories and far more all from one complete source!
Our team of experienced PROFESSIONAL INTERIOR DESIGN and Residence DECORATION SPECIALISTS search high and low to offer you decor that fits your desired theme.